1) The fees for 2013-2014 academic school year (September-June) are $65 for 45 minute lessons and $75 for hour lessons. Tuition is due at the beginning of the month for weekly lessons. I am a small business, so timely payment is much appreciated.
2) Cancellations need to be made 48 hours in advance. "No shows" or late notice will result in the full fee.
3) The assumption is that students are committing to regular weekly lessons. Students that cancel lessons more than two weeks in a row may retain their time-slot through regular payment.
4) A minimum of one month's notice is required for the termination of lessons. A deposit of one month's worth of lessons ($260/$300) is required at registration. When one month's notice is given, this deposit pays for the last month of lessons. This fee can be paid up front or spread out over 2-3 months. If the student suspends lessons during the summer months, this deposit also holds the student's spot for the upcoming fall.
5) If a student is ill, or has a family emergency, they are eligible for a make-up lesson at the end of the year. This lesson can be claimed during the month of June, 2014. Prolonged illness will be dealt with on an individual basis.
6) Several Master Classes are offered throughout the year, and students are strongly encouraged to attend.
7) A student showcase/recital will be on a Thursday in January 2016 at Egan's Jazz Club in Ballard. It's a great opportunity for more performance experience.
8) No lessons are scheduled during the following weeks: July 2-12th, 2015 and December 19th, 2015- January 4th, 2016. Due to more flexible summer schedules, (ie. no school during the day) summer lessons may be scheduled at random according to the student's schedule and need not adhere to a fixed weekly schedule.
NB: In the summer, 48 hours notice is still required for cancellations.